This blog is essentially a collection of posts I used to write on Facebook combined with my travel blog and expanded to make a very public forum of my thoughts regarding Pop Culture, The Interweb, Cartoons, Comics, Ultimate Frisbee, Absurdity, Life, Travel and whatever else captures my attention long enough to write about it...

Enter at your own peril!

10 May 2010

The Eurovision 2008... Preliminary Final Two- 6/10 again

A Little Bit Disappointed
So the second preliminary final has come and gone and once again the sbs website appears to have crashed due to the number of people on it. I'm not going to lie I was a little bit disappointed with this final. It didn't even seem to be able to match the quality of last nights entries... Ah well...

The quality had me struggling to even pick 10 entries to go through, I picked 6 I was fairly certain of and then took my best guesses for the remaining four. I got 4 out of my 6 and then 2 out of my 4 guesses...
My list of 10 was Turkey, Ukraine, Albania, The Czech Republic, Croatia, Malta with my 4 guesses Iceland (but the link doesn't work properly yet... Sweden has been uploaded there), Sweden, Cyprus and Macedonia. I was unsure about Belarus and Denmark too but elected Macedonia and Sweden over them because Sweden had won before (I'm guessing a LONG time ago) and Macedonia has the Balkan voting block behind it.

So for those who didn't watch it The Czech Republic's answer to your favorite sluttly girl band didn't go through (much to my surprise, one singer, two back up singers and two "gyrators" would surely get votes...), nor did Malta's 16 year of cry for sympathy ("I'm young, can sing and own and AWESOME Jacket) or Cyprus and Macedonia. Instead Georgia, Portugual, Latvia and Denmark got through. Now I'm just going to be flat out un-pc and say Portugal was shit, it was a crap song and she was ugly. If you're going to vote for crappy Ballad stuff sung by a chick vote for Malta, that wasn't as bad... As for Latvia, wow... pirates... Amusing enough song albeit a little bit High 5. I'm happy it went through but I never thought for a minute that it would... especially since Dustin the Turkey from Ireland DIDN'T make it through last night... And Croatia's "one up" of Fiddy Cent was brilliant, I see your 50 Cents and raise you to 75...

Anyway ranting aside I wrote down a few observations. First of all I think Kylie or Madonna would do pretty well in the Eurovision but in the hypothetical question How could Australia win if we entered? (Without Gina "ooh ahh just a little bit" G) The answer (and not the Shannon Noll, Guy Sebastian bullshit we WOULD enter)... Enter the Wiggles... They would kick all sorts of ass...
Second observation, yes the host chick was reasonably attractive and being a European handball "champion" could probably kill me without blinking but her voice was horrible. It's like someone incapable of speaking english doing their best Fran Dresher impersonation... I want to kill things hearing that... And as always the scripted "banter" makes me want to attack the television almost as much as some politicians do.

Ah well
Sorry for the lateness was waiting for the sbs site to get updated to put my links in...
Love, Hugs and Kisses
ANt

No comments:

Post a Comment